Postal Address: PO Box 400, Gulgong NSW 2852
2018 – 19 Chamber Officer Bearers
- President: William Murphy
- Vice President: Wayne Matthews
- Treasurer: Rowena Ellis
- Secretary: Cathy Henderson
- Executive Committee Member: Adam Rowe
- Executive Committee Member: Rebecca Woods
- Executive Committee Member: Brad Brown
- Executive Committee Member: Joy Harrison
Contact the Chamber President at firstname.lastname@example.org and the Chamber Secretary at email@example.com
For technical issues related to this website email our webmaster via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chamber Mission Statement – “The Chamber supports the promotion and strengthening of Gulgong Business and Community, with assistance to local Chamber members and community organisations and their events throughout the year.”
Current 2018-19 Chamber membership – 79 members
Business Member benefits include but are not limited to the following.
Gain More Potential Customers with:
A business listing on the Gulgong Chamber of Commerce website www.gulgong.com.au.
A Chamber website www.gulgong.com.au link to your website and/or Facebook page.
A MRTI website link to the Gulgong Chamber of Commerce website www.gulgong.com.au.
A digital copy of your prepaid advert in the current edition of Gulgong Gossip Magazine on www.gulgong.com.au website.
Access to participate in Gulgong Chamber of Commerce festivals, projects and campaigns.
Save Money with:
Discounted advertising in the Chamber’s Gulgong Gossip Magazine.
Additional discount for annual prepaid advertising in the Gulgong Gossip.
Free ongoing exposure for your business in back issue digital copies of Gulgong Gossip Magazine on www.gulgong.com.au website still containing your previous adverts.
The opportunity to have your business featured in the Gulgong Gossip free of charge. (Note: businesses will need to provide info and photo to go in monthly draw).
Discounted and priority opportunity of advertising space in the annual Gulgong Community Calendar.
Member discounts on business related seminars and courses offered.
Ten percent discount on standard rates at Printstorm.
Grow Your Business Knowledge with:
Automatic FREE membership to the NSW Business Chamber of Commerce’s information and advice providing:
- FREE Workplace, Legal and Marketing Advice Line calls (limit 3 per year).
- FREE Business Propel – step by step development of your business plan.
- Discounted Compliance and Business Development Education Events to meet your legal requirements.
- Quarterly Electronic Business Magazine and Monthly E-Newsletter on latest business news and trends.
- FREE Business Hotline to get the right information, support and advice.
- FREE and/or discounted information on Business Solutions like Apprentices & Trainees, HR Compliance & Documentation, Recruitment Solutions, WHS and more!
- Chamber of Commerce International History
Source: International Chamber of Commerce website
The long history of the Chamber movement can be traced back to 1599 when the term “Chamber of Commerce” appeared first in Marseille, France.
Moving beyond individual interest to that of a collective group, the establishment of Chambers provided merchants, traders, craftsmen and industrialists a public forum to discuss issues facing them, as a business community. This representation of common interest became and remains the foundation of Chambers of Commerce worldwide.
Today, Chambers of Commerce exists in almost every country of the world and is as diverse in name as the business communities they represent. No longer are Chambers of “commerce” and “industry”, chambers also describe themselves as representing “manufacturers”, “Entrepreneurship”, “Training”, “shipping”, “commodity exchanges”, “agriculture”, etc. to help reflect the communities they serve.